Live Sync Beta - cannot read application screens RRS feed

• General discussion

• I upgraded to Live Sync Beta from Mesh on my Asus Netbook.  UUPon rebooting, the Sync Beta application opened.  Its text is illegible.  Everything is mixed up.  Most letters aren't displayed and some are mixed up at different points on the application screen.

I "repaired" the installation and it was not fixed.

What's the fix on this?

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium x32.

View my problem screenshot at http://derekgordon.com/syncbeta.jpg

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:06 AM

All replies

• Go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?forumid=da58c626-c3a0-44d6-8d49-e78865f6d249

That's the forum for discussion of the Live Sync beta as well as the current Live Sync product. Looking at your screen shot, I think you have your font settings in IE set to large or your display font for Windows itself has been adjusted from the standard DPI settings for the resolution. In either case, that would probably be a bug. Report it at the above link and prefix your post subject with "BETA"

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 3:29 PM
  • I posted it elsewhere.  However, your solution is wrong.  I'm running the standard DPI.  Further, IE is at 100% size.  I zoomed out to 50% and it got worse, but nothing gets it to be legible.  I changed the size using Ctrl -/+ and still crappy looking.
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 4:30 PM
  • I posted it elsewhere.  However, your solution is wrong.  I'm running the standard DPI.  Further, IE is at 100% size.  I zoomed out to 50% and it got worse, but nothing gets it to be legible.  I changed the size using Ctrl -/+ and still crappy looking.

I should have been clearer. I marked the post as answer because of the referral to the proper forum and the suggestion that you have hit a bug. The speculation on the cause was bonus. It was a guess, and I was apparently wrong. I'll be interested in reading the cause over in the Sync forum.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:11 PM