virus scan cycles to iexplore.exe and never finishes. RRS feed

• Question

• I messed up my Mail program by using the transfer utility to try to move my E-Mai and Favorites from my old com;uter to the new. Now I have elements of Outlook Express on my Vista system. I can receive E-mail in Windows Mail, but I cannot send. I think it if for this reason that the virus scan cycles back and forth to iexplore.exe (37%) and never finishes. It ran from 5 pm to 1:30 am and never would have finished. How can I get rid of the offending files? I tried cleaning my registry, but that only messed thing up further, and I had to restore from the r egistry backup.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 6:46 AM

Answers

• Please contact support for help with the slow virus scan, if you are using to Windows Live OneCare.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

As for the email problem, they may be able to help, but it sounds more like you simply need to change the settings in Windows Mail on the Vista PC to correct the settings for your ISP's mail server (the SMTP server for sending).

-steve

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 6:31 PM