off topic - geneic host error & manual update problem RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all,

1.       I have a Windows XP Professional SP2 v.2082, licence for my Standard network, also i have Windows Server 2003 standard edition and i have a domain controller and all the workstations are member of domain.

I want to make windows update manually.

So i started manuall update on a workstation. As soon as all windows updates downloaded and installed, i was prompted to restart PC. After restart, that workstation was no more able to connect to domain. I checked, the physical connetivity was ok. Then i open Network Connection tab, which took long time to open and then i didn't find any Local Area Connection there.

I check the Device Manager, there it shows the LAN Card and working properly.

To solve the problem i made restore the workstation to old settings and it started working fine.

2.       I want to install Windows Defender and Internet Exploer 7 on all my workstations. But as soon as installation stated, i got "Generic Host Win32 Process error", and installation stopped and workstation was totally hanged, untill i restart workstation forcefully.

Please, can someone help me to resolve these both issues.

Monday, March 24, 2008 12:12 PM

All replies