Tracking a lead source through the sales process RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I'm new to the CRM system but I am trying to track a lead source basically from when it is inputted into the CRM to the moment it becomes a sale. At the moment within our organization we currently have to different sales processes for two different market we operate in. Market 1- sales process generally starts at the account stage and orders are then assigned to the accounts (they are normally existing customers). It does not appear to pull through the original referral source. As I am in the marketing department we would like to be able to track all additional account sales to the website etc so any suggestions would be much appreciated?

In the second market. We follow the standard, qualify the lead to an account or opportunity which then generates a quote process and order won. Again however the original source has not been pulled through so it is hard for us to track and present how effective original online leads are. Any suggestion would be great

Thanks, 

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 9:41 AM

All replies

• In OOB CRM, the source is maintained on lead as 'leadsourcecode' and then the originating lead is referred to by the entities in the later stages. If you want the source to be carried over to say orders then you can either define custom mappings OR use a plugin or real-time workflows to update the source on order. Note that mappings work only when you navigate from the base entity so using a plugin or real-time workflow would be a better approach.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:12 PM
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:12 PM