Error when adding new contract line to existing contract RRS feed

• Question

• I am no longer able to add new contract lines to existing contract records. When I attempt to save the contract line I get a dialog with the following error:

"Start date/end date or billing start date/billing end date is invalid"

A quick search through MS support yeilded KB 910767 which indicated that there was a problem prior to Update Rollup 1 when attempting to add a line item to an existing contract where the contract date range covers a daylight savings time time change. However this was supposedly fixed in Rollup 1.

We are using Rollup 2 now. I don't know if this error started with Rollup 2 or not. I suspect it is probably related to the DST 2007 update that was released in March 2007.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

Sunday, July 1, 2007 11:53 PM

Answers

• After doing some more testing I discovered that I can successuflly add a contract line if a set the expiration date for the contract line one day earlier then the experiation date of the existing contract.

At the moment this is an adequate work around. I suspect this has something to do with issues that we had running the data update date tool for DST 2007 per KB 932984. We ran into a lot of issues using this tool and I'm not certain that all of the affected data was updated properly with new dates.

If you are expriencing similar issues I recommend running the data update tool or working around the issue by moving the contract line expiration date back one day.

Monday, July 2, 2007 12:10 AM