When I try to create a new contact from an account within CRM 2011 Outlook Client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.  When I try to create a new contact from an account record within the CRM 2011 Outlook client, I am getting a screen to create a new Outlook contact NOT a new CRM contact. 

Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change?

Thanks.

Rick Bellefond
    RB Data Services
    www.rbdata.com

Saturday, October 1, 2011 7:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

In CRM 2011by default CRM for Outlook uses Outlook form for entities including Contact, Task, Appointment and Email. If you want to use the CRM form for Contacts then you may need to change it form the CRM Outlook options. In Outlook go to File->CRM->Options->General (Tab), check Contact checkbox in Select which form to use section

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 7:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In CRM 2011by default CRM for Outlook uses Outlook form for entities including Contact, Task, Appointment and Email. If you want to use the CRM form for Contacts then you may need to change it form the CRM Outlook options. In Outlook go to File->CRM->Options->General (Tab), check Contact checkbox in Select which form to use section

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 7:33 PM
  • Hi Jehanzeb,

That was exactly the setting that I was trying to find.

That is different from the way it was in CRM 4.0.

Thanks.

Rick Bellefond
    RB Data Services
    www.rbdata.com

Sunday, October 2, 2011 1:33 AM
  • Exactly what i was looking for too.  Now...  is there a way to change this globally for all users without modifying the database directly?
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:44 PM
  • Hi,

I am also searching for the same, is there a way to change this globall  for all users.

Thanks

srinivas

srinivas

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 10:08 AM