Product key RRS feed

• Question

• Last October I bought my Acer computer at Costco and it included a Mirosoft Window XP home program. Nowhere did I encounter or was I informed that I need a key to access my word processing and that I only have 25 times before it freezes me out. I traveled for four months and had to be quite careful in using this. I tried the number on the front page of the program, but it isn't 25 characters long, so no dice. I only have a couple left. Could you please indicate how and where I will be able to obtain my key.
    For your information, I still have Costco's receipt.
    Thank you for your kind consideration of this request.
    Luc Pols
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Friday, January 29, 2010 2:55 AM Moved to relevant forum (From:Windows XP Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Windows XP))
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 11:51 PM

Answers

• Computer manufacturer's often install only a trial version of Microsoft Office.  I would suggest uninstalling Microsoft Office, then download and install Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 (beta).  You can use it free until 10/31/2010.  When the final version of Microsoft Office 2010 is released later this year, you can purchase and install it.
    Carey Frisch
    Friday, January 29, 2010 2:54 AM