none
Launching UWP App using shell launcher v1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing the UWP application, we want to open the app on kiosk mode, we have tried the actual windows kiosk but due to some limitations on File Explorer side, it doesn't work out for us, so we are trying with Shell Launcher V1, when we are trying with V1 - We have developed WPF app as an exe and launching the UWP app using that exe.

Here The app is opening in normal user mode but when we enable the shell launcher feature it's not launching. It doesn't throws any errors, but one thing i noticed it is in the process list on Task Manager.

How to resolve this one, Is there any proper document for Shell Launcher launching UWP app.

Thanks,

Pariventhan

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 10:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To use Shell Launcher launching UWP app, please refer Use Shell Launcher to create a Windows 10 kiosk. It mentioned that Shell Launcher V2 could directly launch the UWP app. But this question is out of the scope of UWP forum. I'd suggest you to ask about this in TechNet Forum.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 2:11 AM