Pending e-mail warning in CRM 2011 online RRS feed

• Question

• We are not sending e-mail via CRM on-line.  We don't have a e-mail router set up because we all simply send/receive from Outlook.  However, I'm still getting the message as follows everytime I start up CRM on-line.  I think I may have accidently tried to send e-mail via on-line but it failed and now it seems to be stuck somewhere but I can't find it to delete it. 

Pending e-mail warning:

You have e-mail messages more than 24 hours old that have not been sent.  To send these messages, either sign in to MS dynamics CRM online for Outlook, or verify with your system admin that the e-mail router has bneen set up to send messages for you.

Thanks for suggestions.

Friday, July 5, 2013 5:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This is as you expect because someone has sent an email through the web interface but it has not yet been downloaded and sent via Outlook.

You need to look at the 'Pending' email view to see the emails that are in the 'Pending Send' status.

hth

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, July 5, 2013 8:03 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

This is as you expect because someone has sent an email through the web interface but it has not yet been downloaded and sent via Outlook.

You need to look at the 'Pending' email view to see the emails that are in the 'Pending Send' status.

hth

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, July 5, 2013 8:03 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Please leave the Outlook open and sync it with the CRM. The email will go to Outbox first, after sent it will go to Sent Box.

If still not sent for a long time, go to Activity and create a view like this to filter the Pending email:

Thanks.

Wilson

Monday, July 8, 2013 6:28 AM
  • Thanks Wilson,

The sync did not fix it so I looked at creating a view but our system doesn't have Status Reason as a field.  I didn't add it since I wouldn't know how it could get populated other than manually.  Activity Status does exist however.

Any other suggestions?

Jeff

Monday, July 8, 2013 3:41 PM
  • Disregard, I found it and was able to delete them.

Thanks,

Jeff

Monday, July 8, 2013 3:45 PM
  • Jeff,

Would you share your fix? I have the same problem. And you are correct. Status Reason is not a field I can find creating an Activity view either.

Thanks!

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:26 PM
  • Open your activities from your Workplace tree menu and then select email from the All Activities drop down menu, then slide over to select My pending emails.  Here you can see all your pending emails and delete them.

good luck!

• Proposed as answer by john_oberweis Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:58 PM
    Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:49 PM
  • Eureka!

That was simple, thanks! :D

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:58 PM
  • This view will only list the loggedin user's pending e-mails, what if I want to see all pending e-mails in the system of all users?
    Friday, April 11, 2014 7:30 AM