Upgrade path from RC to final version? RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know whether you will be able to upgrade from this RC version to the final released version without doing a complete reinstallation?  This is my first time considering using an RC version.  I just finished building my server with the original intent (months ago) of going with WHS v1.  Now I am not sure which way to go.  I am thinking of trying the 2011 RC with the intent of later upgrading to the released version but don't want to have to reinstall and backup/restore everything.
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:51 PM

All replies

• Does anyone know whether you will be able to upgrade from this RC version to the final released version without doing a complete reinstallation?

=========
    No, because Microsoft hasn't shared that information with us yet. It could happen, but most likely won't.

Nancy Ward
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:58 PM
  • One would think if they can do it with IE9 they could with WHS2011.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:58 PM
  • One would think if they can do it with IE9 they could with WHS2011.

IE9 and its predecessors are web browsers, an installed program.

WHS 2011 is an operating system - the foundation programs run from...simply put.

One WHS v1 machine in the basement with a mixed setup of harddrives in and outside the storage pool.
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:09 PM
  • If I remember correctly you could upgrade from Windows 7 RC to RTM. Hopefully they will allow WHS to do the same.
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:57 PM