none
Event Log RRS feed

• Question

• While an operator of a mainframe, every major event was logged making it very simple to follow everything the computer was doing.  Granted, this took CPU; but, it made life so easy and provided a historical log for all manner of processing.  I seek to discover the same capability with Windows 7 or with Linux to determine which OS I will go with.  It may mean modifying the OS or some library code if not already an existing part of the OS.  I want to log every program start/end, every file open/close, file create/delete, every log in/out, drive/CD/DVD/etc. mount/dismount, every wifi connected/disconnected, every internet web sent to or received from, etc. for all operating and application programs.  For instance, I could see every file opened/closed including libraries (dlls) during the computer power up sequence.  I have not found a singular log nor package that can provide what I consider a basic level of event logging.  Hopefully someone has since I have spent a day looking without reasonable success; only find minimal and piecemeal stuff.
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Friday, September 1, 2017 3:10 PM Looking for the correct forum
    Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:50 PM

All replies

• No need to waste days for googling, just ask ;)

Look at the auditing.

-- pa

Thursday, July 27, 2017 7:08 PM
  • Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

Since your post is off-topic, I am moving it to the off topic forum.

Karl

Friday, September 1, 2017 3:00 PM