How to show location info on communicator RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We want to show the people's location on the communicator 2007. We can get location knowledge from GSM network
    and want to show this info at the presence of the users.How can we?
    I have read that we can change the presence from exchange server.Maybe, I can set the cuurent location knowledge
    but i don't know how to do?

Thanx for your help!
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 11:19 AM

All replies

• Sorry if this obvious - it seems like a 'shut down & restart' response... Tongue Tied

You have to change the Level of Access for each contact within your list to 'Team'. This will enable your location to be displayed on your contact's OCS.

Thursday, November 13, 2008 12:38 AM
  • That would just apply to the Location setting in OCS that no one seems to use.  As far as having some custom application to pull GPS data and set the users presence accordingly, there is nothing in place to support that.

You can define up to four different custom presense settings for users, but that requires an XML by placed on each workstation and the OC client must be restarted between changes.  But

if you are talking about using data from a phone then your even more limited in options for scripting a Windows Mobile app to do so.

The upcoming R2 release will have a new presence setting for showing when users at logged in via Communicator Mobile versus the workstation client, but not to the level of detail you are asking.

Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:39 PM