help please, fifth try to install. RRS feed

• Question

• The repair tool for the message "Urgent, one care needs to connect to the internet to finish installation" is not working. I have been on the phone with tech support probably 8 times, I'm not sure if they completely understand what is going on. I have tried almost everything on the installation troubleshooting page. I have entered all kinds of things into the command promt, per tech support. I have verified that my subscription is valid (bought disk from Amazon). I have used the clean up tool . I am at my wits end. By the way, I have dial up and it has taken 5 hours to install if not more, each time.
                                          Thanks so much to anyone who can help, Diane.
    Saturday, February 7, 2009 2:58 AM

Answers

• Hello Diane, I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time installing One care. If this has not already been suggested by support I would disable any download accelerator or download manager if present. Since most dial up ISPs provide their own browsers I would temporarily make Internet Explorer the default browser before attempting to install One Care again. Additionally this Microsoft Knowledge Base article may help - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934764  Other than that I can only suggest contacting support again and asking to have your support case escalated.
    Jim
    Saturday, February 7, 2009 2:03 PM