CRM 2015 - Tutorial on Async Batch Processes? RRS feed

• Question

• I've looked over a blog post regarding "Asynchronous Batch Processes", and the tutorial given there is incomplete.  Much is "glossed over", and you are to download and install a solution from CRM 2011 - which I cannot do for CRM 2015. This type of process looks to be something our company will need, and I'd like to see a more complete tutorial for this type of process.

Here's the link to the blog tutorial I found: Tutorial

Does anyone know of another tutorial, that is more complete?

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 12:58 PM

All replies

• Let me describe what I'm trying to achieve:

I have a number of Leads, or possibly Opportunities, and need to create "ticklers" (Tasks, I believe), for a group of people to follow up on.  The entire process for the Lead or Opportunity is along the lines of an enrollment:

• Expresses interest on web site
    • Needs to fill out forms
    • Needs to apply
    • Needs to enroll in specific class or conference

A bit simplified, but that's the general flow.  What I want to do is create "ticklers" (again, I think Tasks for this), based on a number of days that have elapsed, and the Lead/Opportunity is not at a more advanced stage.  So, if someone completes the web site application, I want to create this tickler 3 days later, if the Lead/Opportunity hasn't filled out the forms (the next stage).  We may have hundreds or thousands of applicants, and want to prompt them through the process, and I want to give our users a specific set of Leads/Opportunities to deal with "today".

And I need that basic process to execute every night.
    • Edited by tundrwd Wednesday, April 1, 2015 1:34 PM
    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 1:32 PM
  • Check this if it helps you:

http://www.magnetismsolutions.co.nz/blog/paul-nieuwelaars-blog/2012/11/25/workflow-wait-conditions-best-practices-dynamics-crm-2011

Regards, Abhishek Bakshi If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Check my blog on https://mydynamicscrmblog.wordpress.com/

Thursday, April 2, 2015 5:59 AM