Validation Problem with Outlook 2002 on Office 2000 system RRS feed

• Question

• I have a 32 bit, WinXP, 2 G. ram, PC, with Office 2000, and a OEM Outlook 2002 (required for compatibility with my mobile phone). Although I remain able to auto update (os and office) my system, a window began popping up asking me to validate Office. When I did, I was notified that Outlook 2002 is not a valid product error 0x8010101. I was unable to find a solution after reading the suggested links.

Per the below, diag. finds my installation OK. A couple of years ago I had a similar problem on this system, but a call to ms corrected it. I do not recall what was done to fix the situation.

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-38KPT-DBB3R-VDYF9
    Windows Product Key Hash: LUuMJ52VqkSEwutbRwkhzZ41dTs=
    Windows Product ID: 76488-021-0657755-22910
    Windows Product ID Type: 5
    Windows License Type: Retail
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {45C7E8EB-FD6B-4297-AFC8-C0A61E679003}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: Registered, 1.9.42.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.9.40.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: 2.0.48.0
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 100 Genuine
    Microsoft Outlook 2002 - 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{45C7E8EB-FD6B-4297-AFC8-C0A61E679003}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-VDYF9</PKey><PID>76488-021-0657755-22910</PID><PIDType>5</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1524442146-4074078882-640492563</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Computer Corporation</Manufacturer><Model>Dimension 3000               </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Computer Corporation</Manufacturer><Version>A03</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20060105000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>1CE83CD70184606C</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Hawaiian Standard Time(GMT-10:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Dell Dimension DIM3000</name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="OGAAddin.dll" Version="2.0.48.0"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{911A0409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Outlook 2002</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>79DC9397260E294</Val><Hash>q26RuVdJr3KQK+kwLArq0UBdbLE=</Hash><Pid>54193-OEM-1695941-76042</Pid><PidType>4</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="1A" Version="10" Result="100"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: yes
    Marker string from BIOS: 1B2BE:Dell Inc|1B2BE:Microsoft Corporation
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

Thursday, May 13, 2010 9:40 PM

Answers

• Hi atelier,

Would you try the "Fix It" under Method #2 in the following support doc http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903275/ 

This solution is for Office products that Ask to be Activated but when you try, the product shows that it is already Activated.

That sound simillar to your issue so I believe this might help. Tell me how it works out.

Thanks,

Darin MS
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:34 PM
  • Hello atelier,

"My produces run OK, and are automatically updated via MS. The only problem is Outlook 2002 fails the validation test."

Yes, because the Validation site see your Outlook as not activated.

"I looked at my systems MS update records and found the following:

Office 2002/XP Office Genuine Advantage Notifications (KB949810)  Wednesday, May 12, 2010 Can this be my problem?, since I do not have Office 2002/xp installed at all on my system?"

No, all the Notifier (kb949810) does is notify you if it detects a Non-Genuine Office Product.  You are not receiving any Non-Genuine notifications, so that update wouldn't be the problem.  In addition, the Notifier update is not a required update, some people would need to be able to use the Online Validation without having the update installed, so for the Online Validation doesn't look at the Notfier, at all, when Validation is done.

Lastly, my understanding is that the Outlook that came in Office 2003 and the standalone Outlook 2002 are not very different (if at all) so  when that Fix It says it's for Office 2003 and XP, I believe they also mean standalone 2002 products, as well.  Did you try the Fix It?

The reason I am asking about the Fix It is because this issue sounds like there are inconstancies in Outlooks Licensing (Online validation sees it as unactivated, Outlook, itself, sees itself as Activated) The Fix It is designed to automatically regenerate the licensing files and all the data it contains.  My feeling is that this will fix the issue.

Thank you

Darin MS
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:59 PM

All replies

• Hello atelier,

you May get a pop-up to Activate, but you normally don't get a pop-up to Validate.  The only time you might get a request to Validate is if you were trying to access content from the Microsoft download (or Office download) site. In addition, Your Diagnostic Report is showing your Outlook 2002 as Genuine.

Would you go to http://microsoft.com/genuine and click the Validate Office (and then the Validate Windows) button and tell us the results?

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Friday, May 14, 2010 10:24 PM
  • My problem, sort of, resolved itself when I got a outlook window prompting me to run or deactivate a add on. It's presence is noted in my outlook help menu as "activate product". Guess if I don't run it I will be OK.

Did the above and got the following (as before):

"Microsoft Outlook 2002

Problem: The validation process could not be completed because a copy of Microsoft Office® on this computer has not been activated.

Solution:

Activate Office now

Start any Office application. The activation wizard will walk you through the steps required to activate Office. You will need to provide a genuine product key. For additional instructions, or if you have problems activating Office, visit knowledge base article # 828958. To learn more about the benefits of product activation, visit the How to Tell site.

I was unable to activate Office

If you are unable to activate Office by following the steps in the activation wizard, a copy of Office on your computer may be counterfeit or may have been installed incorrectly. Contact the business where you purchased Office, purchased your computer with Office pre-installed, or had your computer serviced. Ask for their help to ensure that the copy of Office you purchased or received with the purchase of a new computer is genuine."

At least the activation window isn't poping up any more.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:17 AM
  • Hi atelier,

Would you try the "Fix It" under Method #2 in the following support doc http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903275/ 

This solution is for Office products that Ask to be Activated but when you try, the product shows that it is already Activated.

That sound simillar to your issue so I believe this might help. Tell me how it works out.

Thanks,

Darin MS
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:34 PM
  • "Fix it" is for Office 2003 or Office XP. I have Office 2000 and Outlook 2003 on a WinXP.

My produces run OK, and are automatically updated via MS. The only problem is Outlook 2002 fails the validation test.

I looked at my systems MS update records and found the following:

Office 2002/XP Office Genuine Advantage Notifications (KB949810) Succeeded Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Can this be my problem?, since I do not have Office 2002/xp installed at all on my system?

If a problem for my system, Office2000/OutLook2003, can this be reversed?

Can or should I try to remove the "activate product" menu selection on my outlook help menu? If so, how do I remove it? Will my license, remain OK?

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:51 PM
  • Hello atelier,

"My produces run OK, and are automatically updated via MS. The only problem is Outlook 2002 fails the validation test."

Yes, because the Validation site see your Outlook as not activated.

"I looked at my systems MS update records and found the following:

Office 2002/XP Office Genuine Advantage Notifications (KB949810)  Wednesday, May 12, 2010 Can this be my problem?, since I do not have Office 2002/xp installed at all on my system?"

No, all the Notifier (kb949810) does is notify you if it detects a Non-Genuine Office Product.  You are not receiving any Non-Genuine notifications, so that update wouldn't be the problem.  In addition, the Notifier update is not a required update, some people would need to be able to use the Online Validation without having the update installed, so for the Online Validation doesn't look at the Notfier, at all, when Validation is done.

Lastly, my understanding is that the Outlook that came in Office 2003 and the standalone Outlook 2002 are not very different (if at all) so  when that Fix It says it's for Office 2003 and XP, I believe they also mean standalone 2002 products, as well.  Did you try the Fix It?

The reason I am asking about the Fix It is because this issue sounds like there are inconstancies in Outlooks Licensing (Online validation sees it as unactivated, Outlook, itself, sees itself as Activated) The Fix It is designed to automatically regenerate the licensing files and all the data it contains.  My feeling is that this will fix the issue.

Thank you

Darin MS
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:59 PM