Error Running UWP Project (UniversalWindows) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am making a crossplatform xamirin forms application that should run on android and pc windows.

But when compiling the UWP version I am getting the exession

"
    Can not resolve Assembly or Windows Metadata file 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WP8.dll'

And

Type universe can not resolve assembly: Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WP8, Version = 1.5.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = null

"

I read about these errors on the internet and from what I could see, it is related to the Xlabs plugin being used in the application. Is this information correct?

If yes, would I have some way to fix it without removing the Xlabs plugin, why am I using it on multiple forms to be able to checkboxes.

Thanks.
    Wednesday, July 25, 2018 12:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Amanda,

Since your issue is related to Xamirin, and this forum is WPF forum, please ask your question at 

xamarin official forum.

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 26, 2018 2:16 AM