un-installing McAfee Total Protection Service RRS feed

• Question

• After un-installing McAfee from my HP mediaserver I am left with McAfee Total Protection Service in the 'installed Add-ins' tab...

Anybody got any ideas how I can remove it?

Mad
    Saturday, November 8, 2008 7:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Any programs that show as an Add-In, should be installed and un-installed via the Console, otherwise you end up as you have.
    The normal method would be to re-install McAfee through a RDP session, (not through the Console), and then remove it again, but this time through the Add-Ins section of the Settings page in the Console.
    Alternatively, you could edit the Registry on the server through an RDP session and remove the appropriate key. The entry would be in the HKey_Local_Machine/Software/Microsoft/Windows Home Server/RegisteredAdditions.

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Saturday, November 8, 2008 7:22 PM

All replies

• madmikeyharris said:

After un-installing McAfee from my HP mediaserver I am left with McAfee Total Protection Service in the 'installed Add-ins' tab...

Anybody got any ideas how I can remove it?

Mad

When you uninstalled McAfee from your server, did you do it through the WHS Console (or did you logon to the server desktop and use Add/Remove Programs)?
    Saturday, November 8, 2008 7:15 PM
  • Hi,

Any programs that show as an Add-In, should be installed and un-installed via the Console, otherwise you end up as you have.
    The normal method would be to re-install McAfee through a RDP session, (not through the Console), and then remove it again, but this time through the Add-Ins section of the Settings page in the Console.
    Alternatively, you could edit the Registry on the server through an RDP session and remove the appropriate key. The entry would be in the HKey_Local_Machine/Software/Microsoft/Windows Home Server/RegisteredAdditions.

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Saturday, November 8, 2008 7:22 PM
  • remove TopWHSaddin.msi form add-in folder in software map of shared folders on server. worked for me

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:13 PM