DirecTV HR20 media sharing RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to set up media sharing with my DirecTV HR20 HD DVR. I have enabled media sharing on WHS an enabled the appropriate shares. I have also enabled media sharing through Media COnnect on my Vista Ultimate machine. I can connect to WHS using WMP11 on Vista just fine and my HR20 can view files on my Vista mchine just fine. The problem is that I cannot connect to WHS from the HR20. Any advice?
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 12:41 AM

Answers

• There is a known issue with the HR20; it's likely to freeze at some point, and continue to do so as long as it and WHS are on the same network. See e.g. this bug on Connect.
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 2:30 AM

All replies

• There is a known issue with the HR20; it's likely to freeze at some point, and continue to do so as long as it and WHS are on the same network. See e.g. this bug on Connect.
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 2:30 AM
  • There is a CE software update for the HR20 that should fix this issue. I will post back tonight after testing
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 3:03 AM
  • A future software update from DirecTV will resolve both issues listed in this thread
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 4:38 AM
  • This is good to hear also, I did get the HR20 CE update last night and I will try putting both devices on the same network and give it a test also.
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 12:59 PM
  • I saw nothing in the notes for last nights release that it would address the problem. For now I have my WHS offline as I do use my hr20's daily for music sharing. THis bug resulting me having to format my hr20 drive.. no biggie but not something i want to go through again.

john

Thursday, March 8, 2007 4:00 PM
  • I've put the HR20 back on the network with media sharing on and had no issues with my HR20 freezing.  I guess the code they fixed to work with the Xbox360 also fixed it for the WHS
    Friday, March 9, 2007 4:47 AM
  • The latest CE release had a fix for HR20 freezes with an XBOX 360 connected to the same network. These freezes were related to the freezes with WHS, and, subsequently, the freezes with WHS were also fixed with the latest CE.
    Friday, March 9, 2007 7:19 PM