I am getting a message that my subscription will be renewed automatically, I am getting scared RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting a message that my subscription will be renewed automatically, I am getting scared.
    I got a message in the morning that my subscription will be renewed using details from the file. Which file? I have not provided my credit card details to Microsoft, what is this.
    I do not want to continue with One Care.

I tried getting help from online, guess what all live care related help is not even 3rd class it is worst, 100 clicks and I still do not know how to chat/call anyone.

This is the worst experience with Microsoft. You are wasting my time. Why cannot there be a call number below where the message is.

God someone help.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:59 AM

Answers

• Calm down and forget about it, the renewal is a free 6-month extension provided because OneCare is no longer available for sale and will be ending support in 2010.  It's simply notifying you that this will occur, though it generally includes this information in the email as well.

Since you won't be charged anyway, you really don't care if it's extended, so you can simply ignore the message.

The replacement for OneCare is a free anti-malware only product called Microsoft Security Essentials that though it's missing the other features like backup is all most people will need.  This has been available since late September and also works with Windows 7.

See the folllowing link for more complete information if you care, otherwise just forget about it since none of it really matters in that case.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/0000c782-ed1b-4ed3-8afb-87989bb9638c

Rob

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 2:46 AM

All replies

• Calm down and forget about it, the renewal is a free 6-month extension provided because OneCare is no longer available for sale and will be ending support in 2010.  It's simply notifying you that this will occur, though it generally includes this information in the email as well.

Since you won't be charged anyway, you really don't care if it's extended, so you can simply ignore the message.

The replacement for OneCare is a free anti-malware only product called Microsoft Security Essentials that though it's missing the other features like backup is all most people will need.  This has been available since late September and also works with Windows 7.

See the folllowing link for more complete information if you care, otherwise just forget about it since none of it really matters in that case.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/0000c782-ed1b-4ed3-8afb-87989bb9638c

Rob

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 2:46 AM
  • thx for providing me this information. I got no email from Microsoft about this, the message was very concerning, since it said renewal will use data from file. Microsoft should not give such message. It really pissed me of. I am going for Mcafee as I believe One Care is making my system slow or maybe it is this stupid vista, even after having 3 GB of RAM. Microsoft should provide free upgrade to windows 7 for giving us such ridiculous OS.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 6:16 PM
  • What the message meant was that your subscription would be extended for free for 6 months. You have a subscription, so your account is on "file."

If you PC is running slowly, it shouldn't be OneCare, nor do I think that your experience will be improved using McAfee, but as long as you are using up to date security, what you use is up to you.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 7:58 PM