Application cannot access the Internet RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows Live OneCare on my Windows Vista Home Premium SP-2 machine.  I have been running a soft phone application called Communicator.exe for the better part of a year.  Suddenly, a few weeks ago, that application can no longer get access to the Internet.  (It accesses the Internet to get a SIP connection to a VoIP server.)  The application works fine when I disable the Windows live OneCare firewall.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Communicator.exe with no luck.  In talking to the author he suggested several ports to open on the firewall.  I opened those, but still no luck.
    I really don't want to reinstall Windows live OneCare because it's a hassle doing a reinstall and getting back to where I am now.  (I had to do that once before when OneCare firewall crashed).  Besides, this is the only application that doesn't work as far as I know.  I don't seem to be having any other troubles.
    BTW: if I enable Windows firewall in place of OneCare firewall, the Communicator program works.  if I disable OneCare Firewall, the Communicator problem works, but I really don't want to disable my firewall on a shared network.
    Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?
    • Moved by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:06 PM firewall issue (From:Windows Live OneCare General)
    • Changed type IMMikee Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:21 PM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 8:20 PM

Answers