Unable To Install Connect From Whs 2011 To Win 7 - Kb2757014 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Forum!  Hope someone out there can help.  I am really struggling getting the <server name>/connect ComputerConnector software to download and configure from my WHS 2011 to my Win 7 desktop.

I believe the (latest) gate has something to do with KB2757014.

Here is a partial section of the error log file generated from the client.  I emphasize from the client as the pathing below refers to directories on the server..  I underlined the interesting bit about the system cannot find the path specified.

Any help greatly appreciated.

PDXPat

MSI (s) (68:CC) [01:34:30:568]: Executing op: CustomActionRollback(Action=RollbackScheduledTasks,ActionType=1345,Source=BinaryData,Target=CAQuietExec,CustomActionData="C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\runtask.exe" /asm:"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Server\Bin\ClientSetupCommon.dll" /class:Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.ClientSetup.ScheduledTasks.ClientTasks /method:RemoveScheduledTasks /task:RollbackScheduledTasks /suppressException:true)
    MSI (s) (68:98) [01:34:30:615]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI7709.tmp, Entrypoint: CAQuietExec
    CAQuietExec:  System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003)
    CAQuietExec:     at TaskSchedulerV2.ITaskFolder.GetFolder(String Path)
    CAQuietExec:     at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.SchedulerVersion2._prepareTaskFolder(Boolean autoCreate)
    CAQuietExec:     at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.SchedulerVersion2.GetTasks()
    CAQuietExec:     at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.ClientSetup.ScheduledTasks.ClientTasks.RemoveScheduledTasks()
    CAQuietExec:     --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    CAQuietExec:     at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
    CAQuietExec:     at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object parameters, Object arguments)
    CAQuietExec:     at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    CAQuietExec:     at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.Program._invokeMethod(Type classType, MethodInfo mi)
    CAQuietExec:     at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.Program.Main(String args)
    CAQuietExec:  Error 0x80131604: Command line returned an error.
    CAQuietExec:  Error 0x80131604: CAQuietExec Failed
    Monday, February 9, 2015 10:30 AM

Answers

• Hi PDXPat,

I viewed those log files which you had uploaded to OneDrive. I suggest that you should refer to following thread firstly and check if can help you.

Trouble Installing Launchpad, Logs Included, Update: Solved!!!

If any update, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Justin Gu Monday, February 23, 2015 2:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Justin Gu Wednesday, February 25, 2015 11:35 AM
    Saturday, February 14, 2015 5:25 PM

All replies

• Still not working.  However, here are more breadcrumbs from the WIndows 7 Event Viewer:

Product: Windows Home Server 2011 Connector - Update 'Update Rollup for Microsoft Windows (KB2757014)' could not be installed. Error code 1603. Additional information is available in the log file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs\ClientCore.msi.log.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 3:59 PM
  • Hi PDXPat,

Based on your description, I understand that you can download the Connector software to Windows 7 client computer. However, you will encounter some issues when complete Connector Configuration wizard. If anything I misunderstand, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

For Connector software issue, would you please let me know whether this issue occurred in all client computers? Or just occurred in that one Windows 7 computer? Would you please let me know the complete error message that you can get when install the Connector? Please check if find ClientDeploy.log or some relevant log files, then upload to OneDrive and post link here.

For the Update issue, you can install the Update and create an installation log by using the /lxv setup switch. Please check if help us to get more clues. For more details, please refer to Step 4 in Resolution in following KB.

"1635" or "1603" error code when you install update rollups or service packs for Exchange Server 2007 or Exchange Server 2010

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 2:19 AM
  • Hello Justin.  Thank you for your response.

Here is a link to the log files http://1drv.ms/1zuspfG.

I am attempting to install the connector from WHS 2011 to Windows 7 - Windows Home Premium.

The wizard goes through the following prompts:

1. Download connector software from <Windows Home Server>/Connect

2. Launch wizard from download

3. Connect a computer to the Server dialog [Next]

4. Connect a computer to the Server dialog - Your computer may restart several times . . . . If MS .NET Framework 4.0 or later is not installed.

[Next]  No Reboot Happens

4. Verifying and then prompted to log on to your Windows Home Server - Enter Password

5. Done - Review and Modify the description of the computer [Next]

6. Do you want to automatically wake this computer to back it up?  Yes

7. Do you want to participate in the Windows Customer Improvement Program?    No

8. Configuring your computer

Downloading the Connector software...

9. FAIL - Installation is cancelled

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 5:33 AM
  • Hello Justin.  I am still roadblocked.

Below is the error message when I attempted to run the .msp by hand via a CMD shell in administrator mode.

KB2757014-amd64.msp /lxv c:\Rollup.log

PDX Pat

Friday, February 13, 2015 2:19 AM
  • Hi PDXPat,

I viewed those log files which you had uploaded to OneDrive. I suggest that you should refer to following thread firstly and check if can help you.

Trouble Installing Launchpad, Logs Included, Update: Solved!!!

Best regards,

Justin Gu

• Proposed as answer by Justin Gu Monday, February 23, 2015 2:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Justin Gu Wednesday, February 25, 2015 11:35 AM
    Saturday, February 14, 2015 5:25 PM