Fix-it Centre problems - can't install !! RRS feed

• Question

• Computer has been a bit problematic recently so decided to download Fix-it Centre.  However, although downloaded when I try to use it I get message: "An unexpected error has occured. Setup cannot continue.  Please close and try again.  Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.....   'OK'  "

What's happening - why can't I run the exe ??  Any help would be appreciated.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 11:54 AM

All replies

• Dear Customer,
        Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Fix it Center (beta).  I'm sorry to hear that. To help us further troubleshoot the problem, I'd need more information from you to better understand your case.
    Could you please provide me your Fix it install or update event log informations?
                1. Control panel -> Administrative Tools -> Open Event Viewer
                2. Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Applications
        After you select this section and please note to source content, if you find any error/warning about "fix it center/matsvc" please provide to us.  Looking forwarding to your reply. Thanks. 

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Alex

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:40 AM
  • I am facing the same problem:

this is what i found in error log

The Windows component "MicrosoftWindowsPowerShell2" could not be configured.  The component installer returned an error: 1168 "Element not found." (Command line: ""C:\Windows\System32\ocsetup.exe" MicrosoftWindowsPowerShell2 /norestart /quiet"

Detail

ComponentName MicrosoftWindowsPowerShell2
    ErrorCode 1168
    ErrorString Element not found.
    CommandLine "C:\Windows\System32\ocsetup.exe" MicrosoftWindowsPowerShell2 /norestart /quiet

Friday, March 9, 2012 5:08 AM