Start Up Error Message RRS feed

• Question

•  

On start up I get an error message:

RUNDLL

Error Loading

C:\Windows\system32\winsys16_061230.dll

The specified file could not be found.

This message started appearing in the last 2-3 days. At that time there was furious activity on my BSNL's DataOne broadband connection even when my IE was not running. At that time my McAfee Enterprise 8.0.0 with Scan Engine 5200 and DAT version 5152 was repeadedly deleting or cleaning from my systems: svchest.exe (Trojan-Malaware), scrsys 16_061230.scr and winsys 16_061230.scr which McAfee identified as Trojan - Spy Agent.br. At that time I also for once deleted all my cookies and tem files via Internet Options of IE. The furious activity seeme to stop after I got a Windows Live OneCare Full Free Safety Scan at

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm?s_cid=sah

and after I set my Popup Blocker on my IE6.0 SP2 at high. But I continue to get the above RUNDLL message even though in no way it stops the normal functioning of my computer. Can somebody please help? Also though my IE is programmed to delete all temp files on closing, it doesnot seem to do as they appear on running disk cleanup. Why so? Or are these Temp files different? How does one remove pernicious cookies that do not get removed on shutting down of the computer?

In brief my PC comprises of the following:

AMD Athlon 3200+ processor, MSI motherboard, Windows XP-2 with Firewalls preloaded, MS Office XP(2003), IE 6 SP2, McAfeeEnterprise 8.0.0, BSNL's DataOne Broadband.

I use my system primarily for homebased medical trancription work. Never for online games.

Thursday, November 1, 2007 11:29 PM

All replies

•  

Dear Friend,

1)        You are getting this windows startup error because this file winsys16_061230.dll has been deleted by an 

antivirus or spyware remover programme.

2)         And this entry is in windows startup programme, as this entry in WINDOWS REGISTRY

3)        Type regedit in windows run prompt and search for  winsys16_061230.dll this entry, you will find

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\winsys16_061230.dll start"

Modify this entry to as below :-

C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,rundll32.exe start

4)        Restart your PC & check the error will not come........

Thursday, November 8, 2007 7:28 AM
  • Well both the first posts of u guys were amazing, i like it, anyway thanks, i too had that problem inpast...
    Thursday, November 22, 2007 9:38 PM
  • Great  Solution....
    Friday, November 23, 2007 10:12 PM
  • Great post!  I struggled with this error for a long time.  But this simple solution solved it within no time.!  Thanks a lot.

- Elango

Saturday, November 24, 2007 4:46 PM
  • I am in awe of your knowledge of correcting the problem!  I too had a Trojan virus deleted by my security software and received this message the next time I booted.  Since something deleted the module from my computer, I'm wondering if the module may be important to the integrity of windows.  Perhaps that is why the virus delted the module?  Is there is a way to get it back without re-installing windows.  I'm afraid that the above solution my be masking a problem.  Am I worrying too much?

Saturday, December 8, 2007 11:57 PM

• is it any kind of virus attack....????
    Monday, December 17, 2007 3:22 PM
  • Ya it can be.
    Monday, December 17, 2007 6:05 PM
  • Thanks a lot Mufazzal.  This solved my issue.  You rule!  =)
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 1:39 AM
  • Thanks buddy, it worked .......
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 8:39 AM
  •  GSPal wrote:

On start up I get an error message:

RUNDLL

Error Loading

C:\Windows\system32\winsys16_061230.dll

The specified file could not be found.

This message started appearing in the last 2-3 days. At that time there was furious activity on my BSNL's DataOne broadband connection even when my IE was not running. At that time my McAfee Enterprise 8.0.0 with Scan Engine 5200 and DAT version 5152 was repeadedly deleting or cleaning from my systems: svchest.exe (Trojan-Malaware), scrsys 16_061230.scr and winsys 16_061230.scr which McAfee identified as Trojan - Spy Agent.br. At that time I also for once deleted all my cookies and tem files via Internet Options of IE. The furious activity seeme to stop after I got a Windows Live OneCare Full Free Safety Scan at

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm?s_cid=sah

and after I set my Popup Blocker on my IE6.0 SP2 at high. But I continue to get the above RUNDLL message even though in no way it stops the normal functioning of my computer. Can somebody please help? Also though my IE is programmed to delete all temp files on closing, it doesnot seem to do as they appear on running disk cleanup. Why so? Or are these Temp files different? How does one remove pernicious cookies that do not get removed on shutting down of the computer?

In brief my PC comprises of the following:

AMD Athlon 3200+ processor, MSI motherboard, Windows XP-2 with Firewalls preloaded, MS Office XP(2003), IE 6 SP2, McAfeeEnterprise 8.0.0, BSNL's DataOne Broadband.

I use my system primarily for homebased medical trancription work. Never for online games.

Sunday, December 7, 2008 10:06 PM
  • Thank you for the solution :)
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 9:12 PM
  • Thanku very much it solved

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:19 AM