Installing Microsoft Money on a CLEAN installation of Win10? RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a CLEAN install of Win10 and am trying to INSTALL either Money 2007 Deluxe, or the free downloadable version of Sunset off the MS site.  In either case, the install procedure just hangs after clicking the "Accept" button.  It becomes unresponsive and has to be killed with End Task.  I made the registry change many have used to get it working on upgraded systems but it didn't make a difference.

Has anyone gotten Money to INSTALL on a CLEAN Win10 machine?

---------- EDIT ----------

I never was able to get Money 2007 installed, from the original install disc, on my clean Windows 10 system.  

I downloaded the free "Sunset" version from Microsoft's Download site, however, and was able to get that installed after changing the registry value mentioned in the link below.  Hope that helps someone.

Friday, July 31, 2015 5:20 PM

All replies

• I had to do a "Reset" to get Win10 to run. Same as clean install???  The laptop screen would go blank but programs seemed to be running. But back to MS Money Plus Sunset. It installed OK but when I clicked to run it I got a screen saying I needed to Install IE 6 for it to operate correctly.  Is this this even possible?  I don't use any internet banking connections.  Just for a check book.
    Friday, July 31, 2015 6:44 PM
  • Yes, a reset is the same as a clean install.   So the install didn't hang for you? =/

I've seen posts where other people have got past your issue by changing a registry value:

Registry Change to get MS Money to work in Win 10

Friday, July 31, 2015 8:20 PM