none
Can anyone help to straighten out my technet account? RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone help to straighten out my technet account?

I had a technet account as 'markfilipak'. The other day I logged in and tried to "Ask a question". As soon as I clicked "Ask a question", technet demanded that I create a profile. Hmmm ...I thought I already had one. Ah, well, I gave my "Display Name" as 'markfilipak', but technet said it was already in use. (Of course it was in use... by me!). So just to get around that, for "Display Name" I entered 'markfilipak-'.

Now I have no history, zero credits, and it appears I just joined.

Can anyone there help to get this fixed?

Thank You.

Friday, January 30, 2015 10:10 PM

Answers

• I'd send an email to fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com

Do you have a link to an old thread?

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, January 30, 2015 11:11 PM

All replies

• I'd send an email to fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com

Do you have a link to an old thread?

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, January 30, 2015 11:11 PM
  • Do you have a link to an old thread?

Thank you, Dave. To quote HAL9000: "I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that." Someone could search the TechNet database, I don't have a clue. It has been a few years since I last posted to TechNet.

By the way, I did not get email notice (markfilipak -dot- windows -at- gmail -dot- com) that you had posted your reply. Maybe that's a clue?

Saturday, February 7, 2015 10:10 PM
  • I did search and came up with nothing. I'd still send an email to fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com

On the email notice; that wouldn't happen unless you setup an alert email address on your new profile. Quick Access|My Settings|Configure Alerts

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Saturday, February 7, 2015 10:27 PM