none
Remote Access RRS feed

• Question

• Okay so I know this has been approached before, but nothing I have found to try has worked. Here is the deal. My WHS is connected to a gigabit switch and uplinked to my router. Remote access over the inet for shared folders have worked fine since the initial setup. Last week I noticed the "Connect" button and RD'd into my WHS from work, no probs. So this morning, I tried again and the "Connect" button is gone and the Computers tab is no longer available on the page. So I rebooted the server, nothing. Repaired the remote settings, and although it says remote access is not available, I can still connect for shared folders, but I cant connect via RD anymore. I would really like this option back, and the ability to connect to my workstation behind the server would be very nice. I have remote access turned on on both the server and workstation. I can connect to the server via my DynDNS or Live Domain. Everything about my server works fine EXCEPT the RD access. I have noticed alot of posts saying that they started having remote access problems after the installation of PP2. Can I uninstall it? It is not listed in the add/remove programs list, and a server re-install is out of the question (too much data to shuffle and copy/move). ANY ideas would be helpful!
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 7:45 AM

Answers

So this morning, I tried again and the "Connect" button is gone and the Computers tab is no longer available on the page.
    Please try again using Internet Explorer. the Computers tab is only displayed in that browser, because it contains functionality that is only supported through ActiveX. And ActiveX is only available in Internet Explorer.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:31 PM

All replies

So this morning, I tried again and the "Connect" button is gone and the Computers tab is no longer available on the page.
    Please try again using Internet Explorer. the Computers tab is only displayed in that browser, because it contains functionality that is only supported through ActiveX. And ActiveX is only available in Internet Explorer.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:31 PM
  • Thanks Ken, that was the ticket. As much as I love MS products, I cant stand IE. Im a firefox user, and of course the RD worked perfect thru IE. I didnt even think of that. THanks!
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 2:48 PM
  • If you prefer Firefox, get the IE Tab Firefox add-in. As the name suggests, it hosts IE in a Firefox tab. You can set it so a certain URL always opens using IE as the rendering engine... 

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 2:57 PM