none
WHS Power Pack 3 fails to install in HP Mediasmart server RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to install the Power Pack 3 update last night on my HP MediaSmart server.  Each time it completes the download but then just responds - failed.  I restarted the server several times and attempted to install from a Remote Desktop login (instead of the WHS Console).  This machine has 512M RAM - is that a potential issue?  I noticed several other updates installed yesterday (and when I accessed the box using Remote Desktop, I noticed IE 8 had been installed).  Any ideas?  Other details of this server needed?
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 3:55 PM

All replies

• I tried to install the Power Pack 3 update last night on my HP MediaSmart server.  Each time it completes the download but then just responds - failed.  I restarted the server several times and attempted to install from a Remote Desktop login (instead of the WHS Console).  This machine has 512M RAM - is that a potential issue?  I noticed several other updates installed yesterday (and when I accessed the box using Remote Desktop, I noticed IE 8 had been installed).  Any ideas?  Other details of this server needed?
    You should proabably contact HP for support.  Having said that, did you look at the event logs on the server for any error messages around the time you tried to install it?
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 4:45 PM