none
how can two people share Streets and Trips -Collaboration between admin support and Sales person RRS feed

• Question

• I am admin support (independent consultant) for my sales manager (also independent)  and we are located in different states and do NOT have a common company network.  How can I create, populate, update Maps and Streets and allow access to that data to my Sales Manager?

I would prefer not to have to export data and then him import data.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 5:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Edelmonico!

I beleive you called me with this question last month.  I happened to see your orginal post here - so I thought I'd answer it for others benefit - as well as to see if anyone else has a better idea.

We discussed the idea of maintaining a 'base map' and storing it on a file sharing service - such as drop box.

The concept is that you would create new map by importing all prospects into the map - then save that map to the online share site.

Your sales manager would then download that file to his local machine, and use that as a part of his sales trips. 

He could make changes and updates to his map while he was 'remote' on the road. 

Then - if you wanted to make updates to the map - he would load his version that he had added his data to back up to the file sharing service. 

You'd then grab the file, add your items, and then he'd grab it back down to his machine to continue to use on the road.

The point is you are both working off the same map - and with a little coordination, can always be working off the 'current map'.

While this method is a little cumbersome - the benefit is that your manager can use his map on the road without needing a wireless connection.

SO - have you tried this method out?  If so - how has it worked for you?  OR Have you tried a different method?

I'd love to hear what you're doing.

Thanks!

Keith

Keith O'Brien

Friday, June 14, 2013 1:45 AM