Delay in printing RRS feed

• Question

• since installing one care for my network all my printers have a big delay from the time I click print to the time the printer actually starts printing ??

Friday, April 11, 2008 7:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you using the printer sharing functionality of OneCare or were the printers shared previously? Does it happen with printers connected locally to the PC sending the print job or only to network printers?

-steve

Saturday, April 12, 2008 1:30 AM
  • It happens to locally pluged in printers as well as network printers . Any time we print it starts to print and then delays about 2 minutes and then completes the printing. from direct or network orm wireless lap top ??? any suggestions ??

Sunday, April 13, 2008 8:00 PM
  • Try opening OneCare and clicking on Change Settings, then disable the firewall temporarily to see if the problem goes away. Obviously, OneCare should not be affecting your ability to print.

-steve

Monday, April 14, 2008 6:39 AM
  • Tried that and still have delay but not as long ???

Monday, April 14, 2008 12:19 PM
  • I'm at a loss to explain why you are experiencing this problem, so I recommend that you contact support. Do let us know the solution, when found. 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, April 14, 2008 6:25 PM
  • Will do !! Thanks

Monday, April 14, 2008 6:28 PM