Can not activate whs v.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I installed an OEM version of whs on a home build and then shut it down and I've not use it for about two months, i did not connect it or activate it either. Now I can not access it unless I complete the activation, I can not activate it on line as it is not set up and the phone numbers given for activation in the UK are both incorrect or no longer in use, can anyone help? 

Will reinstalling it allow me to access the server and setup an internet conection and thus activate it on line?

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:55 PM

All replies

• David

It certainly should do so as the code has not been used to activate a previous copy.

Phil

Thursday, May 26, 2011 12:43 AM
  • Thanks PhilipJH

I am going to give it a try today

David

David Coldwell
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:51 AM
  • Hi

I installed an OEM version of whs on a home build and then shut it down and I've not use it for about two months, i did not connect it or activate it either. Now I can not access it unless I complete the activation, I can not activate it on line as it is not set up and the phone numbers given for activation in the UK are both incorrect or no longer in use, can anyone help? 

Will reinstalling it allow me to access the server and setup an internet conection and thus activate it on line?

Find international activation phone numbers overhere.

You can indeed reinstall and then activate. Actually you can reinstall as often as you like.

Henk Panneman - http://www.homeserverweb.nl
    Friday, May 27, 2011 11:53 AM