none
Unable to send a call from Speech Server RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I'm trying to build an application that can call someone inside or outside my organisation.

I've installed speech server and I can call from communicator the sample application installed by default.

I've installed the outboundcallcampaign application and the outboundcalls but both of them only take digits as inputs and this is not recognised by OCS as the SIP invite being sent on the OCS server is "sip:xxxx@mysipdomain.com:5061;user=phone;transport=tls"

I'd like to have the invite beeing routed to a communicator client so that a user on communicator can anwser the call.

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

Damien Caro

Thursday, November 1, 2007 1:34 AM

Answers

• The OutboundCalls sample app use a MakeCall activity to place the outgoing call.  This activity has a "CalledParty" property which can be either a Phone number (only digits) or a SipUri.  You can easily change it's type and value in the property window of the designer.  In code, you can do

this.makeCall.CalledParty = new SipUriTelephonyAddress(new Microsoft.SpeechServer.SipUri("sip:fred@a.b.c"));

Thursday, November 1, 2007 1:49 PM
  • The MakeCall activity has a property ProxyName.  Set this to the name of your SipPeer and your outbound call will go to that SipPeer, regardless of the SipUri.  Note that this does tie your application to the deployed configuration.

Friday, November 2, 2007 9:20 AM

All replies

• The OutboundCalls sample app use a MakeCall activity to place the outgoing call.  This activity has a "CalledParty" property which can be either a Phone number (only digits) or a SipUri.  You can easily change it's type and value in the property window of the designer.  In code, you can do

this.makeCall.CalledParty = new SipUriTelephonyAddress(new Microsoft.SpeechServer.SipUri("sip:fred@a.b.c"));

Thursday, November 1, 2007 1:49 PM
  • Thanks Anthony,

In my environnement, I use "ucvoip.fr" as my SIP domain. However if I look correctly at the traces, speech server does not perform any dns resolution and tries to contact directly the host based on the domain part of the user uri.

If I use : sip:john@ucvoip.fr then speech server tries to reach a host called ucvoip.fr

Do we have a way to say that my OCS server accepting incoming invites is different from the domain part of the URI ?

Thanks,

Damien Caro

Friday, November 2, 2007 1:12 AM
  • The MakeCall activity has a property ProxyName.  Set this to the name of your SipPeer and your outbound call will go to that SipPeer, regardless of the SipUri.  Note that this does tie your application to the deployed configuration.

Friday, November 2, 2007 9:20 AM
  • Hi,

I am having the same issue with the domain user name and the ocs server name.

I know it was a while ago, if you still remember, could you please tell us how/if you solved this issue?

BTW, I tried the proxy and it didn't work.

Thanks

Itzik Ziv

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 9:59 PM