none
Path to MCPD Windows Phone RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently a MCPD EntAppDev 3.5 and thinking about taking the PD on Windows Phone.

I figured to first take the 70-523 exam to upgrade to MCPD Web Developer 4, to avoid the lame 70-516 (Data access) exam. Or will I still need to get that one? 

To shorten my question will 70-523 (upgrade to Web developer) + 70-506 (silverlight 4) + 70-599 (PRO designing phone applications) earn me the MCPD Windows Phone certification?

Is it possible to just take the PRO exam directly or is it mandatory to first complete the pre reqs? I know that won't earn the MCPD Windows Phone, but it's actually enough on my CV.

Monday, November 21, 2011 6:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

like I understand from the Microsoft site - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-523 - you will also get the 'MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Data Access'.

When you pass Exam 70-523: Upgrade: Transition your MCPD .NET Framework 3.5 Web Developer Skills to MCPD .NET Framework 4 Web Developer, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s):

MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Web Applications
    MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Service Communication Applications
    MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Data Access
    MCPD: Web Developer 4
    So there shouldn't be a problem to get the MCPD Windows Phone (without the need to take 70-516).

Best Regards. Please Mark Answered, If my solution solves your problem.
    • Marked as answer by Ajden Towfeek Monday, November 21, 2011 10:36 PM
    Monday, November 21, 2011 10:01 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

like I understand from the Microsoft site - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-523 - you will also get the 'MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Data Access'.

When you pass Exam 70-523: Upgrade: Transition your MCPD .NET Framework 3.5 Web Developer Skills to MCPD .NET Framework 4 Web Developer, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s):

MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Web Applications
    MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Service Communication Applications
    MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Data Access
    MCPD: Web Developer 4
    So there shouldn't be a problem to get the MCPD Windows Phone (without the need to take 70-516).

Best Regards. Please Mark Answered, If my solution solves your problem.
    • Marked as answer by Ajden Towfeek Monday, November 21, 2011 10:36 PM
    Monday, November 21, 2011 10:01 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Ajden,

Now you can upgrade your certification path to Windows Store Apps using C# or HTML 5.
    for HTML 5
    480 Programming in HTML5 with JavaScript and CSS3
    481 Essentials of Developing Windows Store Apps using HTML5 and JavaScript
    482 Advanced Windows Store App Development using HTML5 & Java Script

for using C#
    483 Programming in C#
    484 Essentials of Developing Windows Store Apps using C#
    485 Advanced Windows Store App Development using C#

Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:30 AM