CRM 4.0 : Reporting Services Trace Log Error RRS feed

• Question

• I've been reviewing my trace logs and I see this error in there hundred of times each day.  The only thing that changes is the random execution ID (5np4zrj40cbzxa45qliuae55) for the report.

>MSCRM Error Report:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The report execution 5np4zrj40cbzxa45qliuae55 has expired or cannot be found. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ExecutionNotFoundException: The report execution 5np4zrj40cbzxa45qliuae55 has expired or cannot be found.
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportExecution2005Impl.GetExecutionInfo(ExecutionInfo2& executionInfo)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportExecutionService.GetExecutionInfo(ExecutionInfo& executionInfo)

Error Message: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The report execution 5np4zrj40cbzxa45qliuae55 has expired or cannot be found. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ExecutionNotFoundException: The report execution 5np4zrj40cbzxa45qliuae55 has expired or cannot be found.
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportExecution2005Impl.GetExecutionInfo(ExecutionInfo2& executionInfo)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportExecutionService.GetExecutionInfo(ExecutionInfo& executionInfo)

Source File: Not available

Line Number: Not available

Request URL: http://crm/Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd?ReportSession=5np4zrj40cbzxa45qliuae55&ControlID=11b469eb124a4dd3942e29dfcf3961be&Culture=1033&UICulture=1033&ReportStack=1&OpType=SessionKeepAlive&TimerMethod=KeepAliveMethodreportViewerTouchSession0&CacheSeed=Mon Jan 30 18:49:25 2012

Stack Trace Info: [SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The report execution 5np4zrj40cbzxa45qliuae55 has expired or cannot be found. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ExecutionNotFoundException: The report execution 5np4zrj40cbzxa45qliuae55 has expired or cannot be found.
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportExecutionService.GetExecutionInfo(ExecutionInfo& executionInfo)]
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.Execution.ReportExecutionService.GetExecutionInfo()
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.Execution.RSExecutionConnection.GetExecutionInfo()
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.TouchSession()
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.SessionKeepAliveOperation.PerformOperation(NameValueCollection urlQuery, HttpResponse response)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Monday, January 30, 2012 9:03 PM

Answers

• When you run a report, a specific session for that instance fo the report is setup in SSRS.  That session will expire after x amount of time (I can't remember if it is 5 minutes or 15 minutes but something like that).  When the timeout expires, it will release the session and the generated ID.   An easy way to re-create this in the UI is to run a report, wait 5 minutes and then try to change pages or update criteria.  It will tell you that the session timed out and you have to run the report again.

From what I've seen this is not an error that causes any issues/problems with CRM, it's really just SSRS releasing resources.

Jeremy

• Marked as answer by ChrisH5491 Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:17 PM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:08 AM
  • I did what you suggested and I just tried running a report while I had the Trace Log file open in Notepad++.  I refreshed the report, and sure enough the trace picked up this error, even after only a few seconds, not even 5 minutes.

Seems very strange this error, it basically happens every time someone runs a report.

I'll see if I can find an appropriate filter to get it out of the trace log.

Thanks!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:16 PM

All replies

• When you run a report, a specific session for that instance fo the report is setup in SSRS.  That session will expire after x amount of time (I can't remember if it is 5 minutes or 15 minutes but something like that).  When the timeout expires, it will release the session and the generated ID.   An easy way to re-create this in the UI is to run a report, wait 5 minutes and then try to change pages or update criteria.  It will tell you that the session timed out and you have to run the report again.

From what I've seen this is not an error that causes any issues/problems with CRM, it's really just SSRS releasing resources.

Jeremy

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:08 AM
  • I'll give that a try, but how can I tell my SSRS session from all the others?  We have many dozens of users on the system at any one time.

Even so, any tips on how to maybe filter these from the trace?  I know you can pass in what the trace picks up, I wonder if I can filter these out so the trace only gives 'actual' errors.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:50 AM
  • If you did the run report, wait 5 minutes then try to do something new it will tell you what your session is.  It's just a way of visually seeing the timeout, I would't worry about going through and trying to find it in the logs.  Sorry if I wasn't more clear.

The KB article on tracing:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907490 lists out a bunch of TraceCategory combinations so you can turn tracing on/off for different components.  I"m not sure though if you would be able to weed these out since it's a SOAP Exception.  I'll have to look through the list as well to see if anything stands out.

Jeremy

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:55 AM
  • I did what you suggested and I just tried running a report while I had the Trace Log file open in Notepad++.  I refreshed the report, and sure enough the trace picked up this error, even after only a few seconds, not even 5 minutes.

Seems very strange this error, it basically happens every time someone runs a report.

I'll see if I can find an appropriate filter to get it out of the trace log.

Thanks!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:16 PM
  • Yeah, it's a pretty common occurrence but at least it's not one that compromises the system.  It turns out to be more of an annoyance than anything.  I wonder if the session timeout is set to a really low level.  This could be causing it to come up more than normal.  I'll see what I can find on that, I know I've adjusted it before just can't remember when.

Also, if you find a way to filter out these messages in the Trace let me know.  It'd be great to have that info.

Jeremy

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:25 PM