none
Targeting .Net Core Framework RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a simple console application using .Net Core.  However, when I try to run this, I get the following error:

The specified framework 'Microsoft.NETCore.App', version '1.1.2' was not found.

- Check application dependencies and target a framework version installed at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App

- The following versions are installed:

- Alternatively, install the framework version '1.1.2'.

There's a few things about this error message that I don't understand:

1. I am targeting x64 - so, shouldn't it be looking in c:\Program Files\?

2. I have installed the latest SDK from here.  (I've tried uninstalling and re-installing this several times).

3. The NuGet package does reference 1.1.2 and, indeed, prevents me from changing this (NuGet says "Blocked by Project").

4. dotnet --version gives me:

1.0.0-preview2-1-003177

Saturday, May 20, 2017 12:42 PM

All replies

• Hi pcmichaels,

>>1. I am targeting x64 - so, shouldn't it be looking in c:\Program Files\?

Please check if you download Windows (x64) Installer.

>>I have installed the latest SDK from here.  (I've tried uninstalling and re-installing this several times).

If you install the latest x64 .netcore sdk, please check if the folder "C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk" has a folder named "1.0.4"

>>3. The NuGet package does reference 1.1.2 and, indeed, prevents me from changing this (NuGet says "Blocked by Project").

What kind of visual studio version you are using(vs2015 or vs2017), I create a console demo via vs2017, The NuGet package does reference 1.1.1.

>>4. dotnet --version gives me:

If you install the latest version of .NetCore, the version should be "1.0.4".

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 22, 2017 6:33 AM
  • Thanks for your reply; in answer to your questions:

1. Yes - definitely.

2. That directory contains the following folders:

3. VS 2017

4. I agree.

Monday, May 22, 2017 7:11 AM
  • Hi pcmichaels,

Since I could not reproduce your issue on my side and it is a .Net core issue, I would suggest that you could post your issue on .net core forum for suitable support.

https://forums.asp.net/1255.aspx/1?ASP+NET+Core

Thanks for understanding.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 25, 2017 7:04 AM