My Monitor always shuts off and i wanna know if its because my Computer is not Genuine? RRS feed

• Question

• Yeah so when im playing games or on myspace or just surfing the web my monitor will randomly shut off.. the light will turn from green to orange and I was wondering if it was because my computer is not genuine? I got the blue star thing on my task bar saying "Your System may be at risk" and it has that box that pops up saying something about the Windows Genuine advantage.. and I was wondering if this was the problem that caused it? because I always have to restart my computer to get it working again but now lately at the user part the monitor will shut off and turn back on but now sometimes it just stays off and i have to wait like 30 minutes to an hour to have it working again... I've changed the power settings so everythings "Turn On" and "Never Turn Off".  And i don't know what to do.. I've heard its a few things that could of been my problem the things I've heard are, One, My Video Card is overheating or its to old, Two, Its a virus I got off of limewire or something, Three, My Monitor is old or over heating... This problem has been occuring for quite some time now and I dont know what to do, I cant play the same games I use to be able to.
    Friday, July 27, 2007 11:09 AM

Answers

• Aznxrc2o6,

Please follow these steps for assistance:

Step 1 is to run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, then click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into a response in this thread.

Step 2 is to look on the computer or with the materials you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of  Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or another version of Windows?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  See this page for reference:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Friday, July 27, 2007 7:19 PM
  • for step one this is what i got:

Validation Status: Blocked VLK
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Cached/ Grace Status: N/A, N/A
    Product Key: Not Gonna Say because you said not to post it.
    Product Key Has: Same as Above
    Product ID: Not gonna post it
    Product ID Type: Same as Above
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    Windows OD version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID:Not Gonna Post
    Adminastrator: Yes
    Commit/ Reboot/ BRT:N/A, N/A, N/A
    WGA Version: Redgistered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture & Build: N/A                N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

P.S. My Uncle built this computer and its a Windows XP Home Edition, and my video card is a FIC A96P Radeon 9600
    Friday, July 27, 2007 9:59 PM
  • aznxrc2o6,

Please rerun the mgadiag utility and post the complete, unedited output.  Sensitive information such as the product key is obscured by the report, so there is no need for you to edit it.

Also, please provide the description of the Certificate of Authenticty, if any.  The CoA could be affixed to the computer case or it could be on the retail box if you purchased your copy of XP at retail.  Here is where we tell you "do not post the product key" because the CoA oftentimes has the Product Key printed on it.

Friday, July 27, 2007 10:19 PM
  •  

Aznxrc,

Please provide the whole diagnostic results. IN turn our team will analyze the information. 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

Friday, July 27, 2007 10:22 PM
  •  

Aznxrc,

Based on the information you provided I would like to provide some information but still we will need the full diagnostic results.

I am sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is with Windows XP Professional and why it is not passing validation.  Unfortunately, the product key used to install the operating system is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  As a rule, VL editions of either an Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and versions of MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

This is why you were seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of Windows XP Pro is an unauthorized installation. In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation of the operating system to alleviate any complications which may arise from the non-genuine status of your system. As a customer there are options available to you for a resolution. For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine.  It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.
    First, if this comes as a total surprise to you, please visit the retailer where you purchased the computer or operating system and let them know the operating system is a counterfeit copy.  Please print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the blocked PID status. Demand they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy which was originally paid for. Curious was your computer turned in for repairs/upgrades and was the hard drive reformatted?   In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation to alleviate any complications.

Again, I am sorry to hear about your situation. Please be sure to backup or otherwise offload any data from the hard disk because a clean installation or reimaging will destroy all personal user data on the hard drive. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, July 27, 2007 10:23 PM
  • Thanks for all of your answers I dont know very much about computers thats why I came and asked on here but here are the Unedited version of the diagnostic reports:

Cached / Graced Status: N/A, N/A
    Product Key: *****-*****-QPDXV-77VRC-8WRFX
    Product Key Hash: K+ZPh11wOsePiDAspSu+quyq4FY=
    Product ID: 55274-646-7068275-23659
    Product ID Type: 1 - Volume
    Windows OS Version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: {195E2313-93DF-4026-99FB-6A7ED1818F9E}(3)
    Adminstrator: Yes
    Commit / Reboot/ BRT: N/A, N/A, N/A
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Architecure & Build: N/A        N/A

Friday, July 27, 2007 11:24 PM
  • aznxrc2o6,

It looks like you are only providing what is being shown on the Windows tab.

To copy the entire output, run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, then click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button in the lower right, then paste the report into a response in this thread.

We also need the info about the Certificate of Authenticity, if there is one.

Friday, July 27, 2007 11:37 PM
  •  

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0039.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Cached / Grace status: N/A, N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-QPDXV-77VRC-8WRFX
    Windows Product Key Hash: K+ZPh11wOsePiDAspSu+quyq4FY=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-646-7068275-23659
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    Is Admin: Yes
    Commit / Reboot / BRT: N/A, N/A, N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 3
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.5
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-171-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{195E2313-93DF-4026-99FB-6A7ED1818F9E}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0039.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-8WRFX</PKey><PID>55274-646-7068275-23659</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-606747145-1708537768-1801674531</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>D845HV</Manufacturer><Model>HV84510A</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Intel Corp.</Manufacturer><Version>HV84510A.86A.0050.P15.0305252001</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20030525000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>FDED3C0F0184CE62</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>39476F84C4B4004</Val><Hash>4iCnywwNW1w4s9ukTIwGMGxyGic=</Hash><Pid>54185-640-0000025-17021</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

and about the CoA thing I don't know where to find that... unless someone can tell me where thanks!

Saturday, July 28, 2007 12:02 AM
  •  

Aznxrc,

I am sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is with Windows XP Professional and why it is not passing validation.  Unfortunately, the product key used to install the operating system is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  As a rule, VL editions of either an Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and versions of MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

This is why you were seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of Windows XP Pro is an unauthorized installation. In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation of the operating system to alleviate any complications which may arise from the non-genuine status of your system. As a customer there are options available to you for a resolution. For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine.  It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.
    First, if this comes as a total surprise to you, please visit the retailer where you purchased the computer or operating system and let them know the operating system is a counterfeit copy.  Please print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the blocked PID status. Demand they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy which was originally paid for. Curious was your computer turned in for repairs/upgrades and was the hard drive reformatted?   In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation to alleviate any complications.

Again, I am sorry to hear about your situation. Please be sure to backup or otherwise offload any data from the hard disk because a clean installation or reimaging will destroy all personal user data on the hard drive. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    WGA Forum Manager

Saturday, July 28, 2007 12:18 AM

All replies

• Aznxrc2o6,

Please follow these steps for assistance:

Step 1 is to run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, then click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into a response in this thread.

Step 2 is to look on the computer or with the materials you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of  Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or another version of Windows?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  See this page for reference:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Friday, July 27, 2007 7:19 PM
  • for step one this is what i got:

Cached/ Grace Status: N/A, N/A
    Product Key: Not Gonna Say because you said not to post it.
    Product Key Has: Same as Above
    Product ID: Not gonna post it
    Product ID Type: Same as Above
    Windows OD version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID:Not Gonna Post
    Adminastrator: Yes
    Commit/ Reboot/ BRT:N/A, N/A, N/A
    WGA Version: Redgistered, 1.7.36.0
    Architecture & Build: N/A                N/A

P.S. My Uncle built this computer and its a Windows XP Home Edition, and my video card is a FIC A96P Radeon 9600
    Friday, July 27, 2007 9:59 PM
  • aznxrc2o6,

Please rerun the mgadiag utility and post the complete, unedited output.  Sensitive information such as the product key is obscured by the report, so there is no need for you to edit it.

Also, please provide the description of the Certificate of Authenticty, if any.  The CoA could be affixed to the computer case or it could be on the retail box if you purchased your copy of XP at retail.  Here is where we tell you "do not post the product key" because the CoA oftentimes has the Product Key printed on it.

Friday, July 27, 2007 10:19 PM
  •  

Aznxrc,

Please provide the whole diagnostic results. IN turn our team will analyze the information. 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

Friday, July 27, 2007 10:22 PM
  •  

Aznxrc,

Based on the information you provided I would like to provide some information but still we will need the full diagnostic results.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, July 27, 2007 10:23 PM
  • Thanks for all of your answers I dont know very much about computers thats why I came and asked on here but here are the Unedited version of the diagnostic reports:

Cached / Graced Status: N/A, N/A
    Product Key: *****-*****-QPDXV-77VRC-8WRFX
    Product Key Hash: K+ZPh11wOsePiDAspSu+quyq4FY=
    Product ID: 55274-646-7068275-23659
    Product ID Type: 1 - Volume
    Windows OS Version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    Adminstrator: Yes
    Commit / Reboot/ BRT: N/A, N/A, N/A
    Architecure & Build: N/A        N/A

Friday, July 27, 2007 11:24 PM
  • aznxrc2o6,

It looks like you are only providing what is being shown on the Windows tab.

To copy the entire output, run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, then click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button in the lower right, then paste the report into a response in this thread.

We also need the info about the Certificate of Authenticity, if there is one.

Friday, July 27, 2007 11:37 PM
  •  

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0039.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Cached / Grace status: N/A, N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-QPDXV-77VRC-8WRFX
    Windows Product Key Hash: K+ZPh11wOsePiDAspSu+quyq4FY=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-646-7068275-23659
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    Is Admin: Yes
    Commit / Reboot / BRT: N/A, N/A, N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 3
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.5
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-171-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{195E2313-93DF-4026-99FB-6A7ED1818F9E}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0039.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-8WRFX</PKey><PID>55274-646-7068275-23659</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-606747145-1708537768-1801674531</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>D845HV</Manufacturer><Model>HV84510A</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Intel Corp.</Manufacturer><Version>HV84510A.86A.0050.P15.0305252001</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20030525000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>FDED3C0F0184CE62</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>39476F84C4B4004</Val><Hash>4iCnywwNW1w4s9ukTIwGMGxyGic=</Hash><Pid>54185-640-0000025-17021</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

and about the CoA thing I don't know where to find that... unless someone can tell me where thanks!

Saturday, July 28, 2007 12:02 AM
  •  

Aznxrc,

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    WGA Forum Manager

Saturday, July 28, 2007 12:18 AM