I want to build a OCA, is there anyone could help me ? RRS feed

• Question

• Development Environment: windows 7(Ultimate version) + VS2008 + SQL2008

I need to know something below:

1. Based on my current development environment, what else components still need to install?

2. Which version of MSF is more mature and stable at present, do you have any suggestions for me ? I don't know which version i should to use.

3. I want to add the ability of working offline to a well-working B2B System, how long it will take me ?

4. Could you recommend some open-source projects developed with MSF to me ?

Thank you, Looking forward to your reply.

Thursday, April 21, 2011 3:22 AM

Answers

• are you Synching Sql 2008 on both ends?

if yes, then your only choice in terms of the provider to use is the SqlSyncProvider.

the latest version would be 2.1

how long it would take you would depend on whether you're doing it 2-tier vs n-tier(this would require writing the WCF service), sync direction and if bidirectional, how you want to handle conflicts.

you can find code samples at http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/sync

Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:56 AM

All replies

• are you Synching Sql 2008 on both ends?

if yes, then your only choice in terms of the provider to use is the SqlSyncProvider.

the latest version would be 2.1

how long it would take you would depend on whether you're doing it 2-tier vs n-tier(this would require writing the WCF service), sync direction and if bidirectional, how you want to handle conflicts.

you can find code samples at http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/sync

Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:56 AM
  • Thank you for your zeal and i'm very happy that you can understand what i said.

I want to use sql 2008 as the server db, and sqlce 3.5 as the client db. The system is a n-tier app with wcf.

another problem is how to handle this situation:

The app will access the server db when network is connected, and while the network is disabled, the app will access the client db.

Could you give me  some code snippets about that ?

thank you~

Friday, April 22, 2011 1:37 AM