versions of Windows RRS feed

• Question

• I have had a version of ms Money, from the 90's that as worked well in all the Windows since then.  I've no CD to install. It was pre-installed with the computer.  Over the years, I simply copied the .mny file towithout installation and everything was OK.

It ran on XP and it does on Windows Vista.  On Windows 8, it will not. There's a version of 'ms money.mny' pre-installed on the Windows 8.  The newer file is not similar in what's displayed, as all the other Widndows were. Is this because of a change from 32 to 64-bit?

There are also other programs from the 90's that ran on XP and Vista, but will not run on Windows 8.

Thursday, December 26, 2013 8:14 PM

All replies

•  On Windows 8, it will not. There's a version of 'ms money.mny' pre-installed on the Windows 8.  The newer file is not similar in what's displayed, as all the other Widndows were. Is this because of a change from 32 to 64-bit?

Probably. It would be good if you could try this out on a different computer if what you have is working-- but I think it is not. To have a chance of this working with 64-bit windows, you will probably have to install the appropriate version of Microsoft Money from the second thread in this forum. If that version is Money Plus, then also do the patch discussed in the first thread.

If the new install of Money can then open your *.mny file, good. If not, there is still hope, but there would be some additional steps.

Review your backup situation.

Thursday, December 26, 2013 8:59 PM