CRM 2011 - Product and Default Price List RRS feed

• Question

• I am setting the Default Unit, Unit Group and Default Price List lookups in Product to some default values using JavaScript when creating a new Product.

All the lookups show the set value with no problem but when I create a new Product the Default Price List set before, just disappear. It seems like we need to associate a PriceList Item to it or something like that.

Could you please advise on how to do this? Why the Default Price List set through the javascript disappears and how can we bring it back using a plugin or whatever that is required.

Thank you so much. Look forward to hearing from you.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• The Default Price List can only be set once 1 or more Price List Items are added to the product. Once the first Price List Item is added, the product will automatically be updated with the default price list.

If you want to automatically set the default price list, then you'll need to programmatically create the price list item. Check out this post which explains how to easily do this:
    http://www.magnetismsolutions.com/blog/paul-nieuwelaars-blog/2012/10/29/auto_create_price_list_item_for_dynamics_crm_2011_products

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:57 PM
  • Thank you very much for your response. I came across your blog myself before reading this and it was great. I already commented on your site thanking you for the code.
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:36 PM