Downloading update for machine without internet RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to download an update for Visio 2002 std for a machine that cannot be connected to the internet. The only machines I have that can be connected to the internet do not have Visio installed. Before I can download the updates, I am required to check for a genuine software. Obviously this fails as the internet connection and Visio are not the same PC. Any ideas how I'm meant to get the updates?

Thanks,

Shaun

Tuesday, July 4, 2006 1:21 PM

Answers

• Thank you both for your help, I ended up searching for the updates and found that the new update, Visio SP2 (I was starting with SR-1) did not require validation and includes all of the previous updates! :-)
    Wednesday, July 5, 2006 7:58 AM

All replies

• Shaun,

In order for the update to run, it has to see that the installation is valid.  This can only be done if there is an interent connection.

Solution:  temporarily connect the computer with Visio to the interent to meet the requirements.

Tuesday, July 4, 2006 5:45 PM
  • If you know the KB number for the update, visit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx and perform a search for a direct download for the update using the KB number.

Tuesday, July 4, 2006 9:38 PM
  • Thank you, that would be a lovely solution, but as I said in my first post, the machine cannot be connected to the internet (due to security reasons)

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 7:31 AM
  • Thank you both for your help, I ended up searching for the updates and found that the new update, Visio SP2 (I was starting with SR-1) did not require validation and includes all of the previous updates! :-)
    Wednesday, July 5, 2006 7:58 AM