Why is my onecare still at 1.6.2111.38 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello

I recieved an email in the past (last month ) talking of a major upgrade to live onecare.

From reading the forums it seems that a lot of people have been ugraded to version 2.

It also seems that a lot are having problems. As the roll out been suspended as my onecare as not been upgraded and when it updates it says it is the latest version. Thanks for any help.

malc

Monday, December 17, 2007 8:02 PM

Answers

• Due to the problems encountered with the first wave, upgrades were temporarily suspended and will resume once fixes have been coded and tested.

-steve

Monday, December 17, 2007 8:30 PM

All replies

• Due to the problems encountered with the first wave, upgrades were temporarily suspended and will resume once fixes have been coded and tested.

-steve

Monday, December 17, 2007 8:30 PM
  • thanks thats cleared it up. i will wait.

malc

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 1:21 PM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:

Due to the problems encountered with the first wave, upgrades were temporarily suspended and will resume once fixes have been coded and tested.

-steve

Days?  Weeks?  Months?

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 9:07 PM
  • I'm thinking it may be between days and weeks. How many weeks is not known, but I suspect considerably under a month.

-steve

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 12:55 AM
  • Thank you.  It is very curious that v2.0 can be bought new but users who have have already paid for a OneCare subscription cannot be upgraded to v2.0.  Penalizing exisiting customers is a poor retention strategy.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 6:42 AM
  • I know it is strange, but the issues are with upgrades. New installs typically work fine, outside of the normal compatibility issues we've seen with previous versions. Upgrades are seeing a higher than usual incidence of problems, hence the need to step back, fix the problems, and then move forward slowly.

-steve

Thursday, December 20, 2007 2:40 AM
  •  

“Curiouser and curiouser!”
    Thursday, December 20, 2007 3:29 AM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:

I know it is strange, but the issues are with upgrades. New installs typically work fine, outside of the normal compatibility issues we've seen with previous versions. Upgrades are seeing a higher than usual incidence of problems, hence the need to step back, fix the problems, and then move forward slowly.

-steve

Understood but we're already over a month on.  For a product that has seen a major release about every 8 months, a month+ delay is significant.

Thursday, December 20, 2007 5:40 AM
  • I don't disagree with you - it *is* significant.

-steve

Thursday, December 20, 2007 4:19 PM