Sometime users in branch office can't Sign in to OCS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• After installing OCS 2007 Enterprise on a server called ocs.mydomain.com, I have a problem need your help!

In my company have a main office and 3 branch office link to main Office by lease line (I call it's site A,B,C). I don't know why when Server run about 6-7 days, all user in site C can't sign in to OCS, user in main Office and Site A,B sign in normally. When I reboot FE server users in Site C can sign in normally

Please help me!

Thanks and Best regards

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 6:45 AM

All replies

• You can enable Debug Logging in OCS FE and check what issues come up when it happens again

If you do not receive SIP messages then there must be something else that blocks it

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 4:25 PM

• When users in site C can't Sign in OCS 2007, OCS FE don't have any alarm or warning and users in Site C have a message "Cannot sign in because the server is temporarily unavailable. If the problem persist, contact your system administrator"

I don't think firewall or something else block it, because if I reboot FE server user in site C can sign in OCS
    Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:47 AM
  • That is why I request you to enable debug logging when it happens

So you can really see what is going on

Right Click on your pool - Logging - New Debug Session (Enable it when you experience the problem and request users in site C to logon)

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:06 AM
  • Thank you for your support!

When all users in site C can't sign in OCS, I've already enabled debug logging and request users in site C to logon. I can see in trace file "SIPStack.etl" the SIP address of the user in site C but the user can't sign in OCS 2007

When I reboot FE Server, users in site C can sign in OCS normally
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 7:50 AM
  • Is this problem related to your other thread regarding the OCS front-end services not starting?

Saturday, November 1, 2008 2:33 PM

• I don't think so, User in main Office and in Site A,B can sign in normally, only user in Site C can't sing in
    Monday, November 3, 2008 2:32 AM
  • Where do you get that logfile from?

You should have debugging on the server and it should look something like this OCSLogger_2008_11_04_00_49.txt

There you will see if the remote users can connect to ocs and if there are any errors

Monday, November 3, 2008 11:52 PM

• When I enable debug logging, It save all trace file to C:\Windows\tracing. I don't know where the file like OCSLogger_2008_11_04_00_49.txt save?
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 3:07 AM
  • In the interface of the debug logging just click analyze (be sure to install Resource kit first for snooper tool)

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 9:37 PM