none
jpeg thumbnails not all showing up after installing Wondershare TunesGo on 7 Home premium 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hopefully someone can find the right solution to this situation.

It seems only a few jpeg thumbnails in the medium size are showing up after installing Wondershare TunesGo on 7 Home premium 64 bit. The program was to help manage photos on my iphone 7+... I have

• uninstalled the program
    • deleted it's registry item
    • made sure it was disabled in mscongfig startup services (it showed even after the above)
    • deleted thumbnail cache and refreshed
    • made sure the "always show icons, never thumbnails" button was unchecked in "folders options/view"
    • performed a clean boot
    • attempted to change the registry icons as proscribed in other entries elsewhere by creating a text .reg file with the following: 
    REGEDIT4                                
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\<.JPG>\DefaultIcon] 
    @="\"%1\"
    • followed all other fixes outlined in this  https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/7696c47e-3339-4878-b953-219170555be1/cannot-see-image-thumbnails-only-generic-image-icon?forum=w7itproui including systems file checker in command prompt (administrator)

It seems to have only affected folders I accessed with the program: however, once I attempt to adjust thumb sizes or refresh other non-accessed folders, the problem recurs. Thumbnails in medium size show up erratically (2 out of every 5 or 7) in affected folders.

I have NOT done a system restore, because it's impossible at the moment: it as turned off earlier due to low disk space.

Seems as if the Wondershare TunesGo program affected some shell entries in the registry for jpeg thumbnails, but I cannot find/fix them.

Is there some registry fix I can perform as per the one attempted above which addresses some multiple keys I am (perhaps) missing?

Please do let me know. The computer this affects is set to be my storage computer, I would rather not reinstall windows, and without thumbnails, the platform will be useless...

Thanks!

Sunday, September 10, 2017 8:34 PM

Answers

All replies