none
Live Writer won't start (moved MyDocuments)

Question

• I installed the live essentials including the writer on a newly installed windows 7 computer. Then I moved the "MyDocuments" folder to another hard disk the way I think you are supposed to do it (Properties->Move to...). Up to this point, I've never started live writer. After moving MyDocuments, I assigned a new drive letter to the hard disk the MyDocuments folder is on now. Then I tried to start windows live writer for the first time, but just after the seeing the splash screen for about a second or two a dialog box appears "Windows Live Writer has stopped working". I started the debugger and found out that a NullReferenceException is thrown right after the LaunchFirstInstance() method is called. There are no logs written, so I cannot tell what the exact problem is.

Is there any way to modify the startup configuration to solve my issue?
    Any help is very much appreciated.

StackTrace:
    System.NullReferenceException was unhandled
      Message="Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
      Source="WindowsLive.Writer.CoreServices"
      StackTrace:
           at WindowsLive.Writer.CoreServices.Diagnostics.WatsonReporter.WriteLogFile()
           at WindowsLive.Writer.CoreServices.Diagnostics.WatsonReporter.SendReport(String title, String message, Exception ex)
           at WindowsLive.Writer.CoreServices.Diagnostics.UnexpectedErrorMessage.ShowMessage(IWin32Window owner, Exception rootCause, Object[] args)
           at WindowsLive.Writer.CoreServices.Diagnostics.UnexpectedErrorMessage.Show(Type errorType, IWin32Window owner, Exception rootCause, Object[] args)
           at WindowsLive.Writer.CoreServices.Diagnostics.UnexpectedErrorMessage.Show(IWin32Window owner, Exception rootCause)
           at WindowsLive.Writer.CoreServices.Diagnostics.UnexpectedErrorMessage.Show(Exception rootCause)
           at WindowsLiveWriter.ApplicationMain.LaunchFirstInstance(IDisposable splashScreen, String[] args)
           at WindowsLiveWriter.ApplicationMain.LaunchAction(String[] args, Boolean isFirstInstance)
           at WindowsLive.Writer.CoreServices.SingleInstanceApplicationManager.Run(String appId, LaunchAction action, String[] args)
           at WindowsLiveWriter.ApplicationMain.Main(String[] args)
      InnerException:
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:07 PM