Accessing Program On Host PC Through WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to make a program (a phone system program) when I connect to the server via homeserver.com? The phone system is a config software.  It's on my host PC and If I installed it on WHS (the HP Smartserver box) I thought I could access the software and make changes across the network.  The phone software can be installed on all my PC's.  I am sure it would work on WHS to.

Since I cannot access the Smartserver box desktop I wanted the exe to this program somehow available when I connect to the server.

Saturday, March 23, 2013 10:55 AM

All replies

• Try installing AWIECO RemoteLauncher on your Server. It integrates with the Dashboard and you can then add your applications you want to run remotely in "My Applications". I use it and it works well. Actually, it may not if you are using WHS1 !!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Saturday, March 23, 2013 1:09 PM
  • I didn't try AWIECO.  I was looking for freeware really.  I found a program called "Program Launcher" by Dan Forsyth.  It was free and did EXACTLY what I wanted and expected it to do.  Kudos.

Phil thanks for the remec and forgot to state I was looking for freeware.

Sunday, March 24, 2013 9:34 PM
  • It is Freeware!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Sunday, March 24, 2013 10:28 PM