display byte array as image on asp.net page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I managed to convert bytearray from DB into image, I want to put it as an image on aspx page. Is it possible without saving the image?

thanks.

• Moved by Andreas Johansson Friday, September 30, 2011 12:11 PM ASP.NET (From:Visual C# General)
    Friday, September 30, 2011 9:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

do a web search for "asp.net display dynamic image". As far as I know there are possibilities like

- change the Respond.ContentType and access this page from another asp.net page (like from an ImageUrl)

Regards,

Thorsten

• Edited by Thorsten Gudera Friday, September 30, 2011 11:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Spivakov83 Friday, September 30, 2011 12:12 PM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 11:16 AM

All replies

• I doubt it. In order to display an image in a web browser the img tag is used and that needs a file path.

Could be wrong as my web experience is limited. You'd be better asking this on the asp forums. Happy coding.

"The programmer, like the poet, works only slightly removed from pure thought-stuff. He builds his castles in the air, from air, creating by exertion of the imagination." - Fred Brooks
    Friday, September 30, 2011 9:13 AM
  • Hi,

do a web search for "asp.net display dynamic image". As far as I know there are possibilities like

- change the Respond.ContentType and access this page from another asp.net page (like from an ImageUrl)

Regards,

Thorsten

• Edited by Thorsten Gudera Friday, September 30, 2011 11:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Spivakov83 Friday, September 30, 2011 12:12 PM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 11:16 AM
  • Use the http://forums.asp.net for web development questions.

It is possible what you ask for, you make a special page or handler and use the url to is as src. How to implement ths special page you can use the ASP.NET forums.

Friday, September 30, 2011 12:10 PM