Sales Pipeline Frustration in CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Like many before me, judging by past questions, I am a bit confused and frustrated by the Sales Pipeline report and process. I have read lots of posts over the past day or do, and I have a nice workflow process that sets the Pipeline Phase field based on the value of the Probability % field. Nice enough. But it destroys the integrity of the Sales Pipeline report and I can't fathom out why. I have 5 test opportunities, with estimated revenue totalling $4,600. But the report counts 9 opportunities and $9,100. It's including duplicate records. If I move an opportunity from phase 1 to phase 2 to phase 3 the report adds 3 copies of the same opportunity. I can't understand why this is happening, as the report says it selects the Opportunity entity. There are only 5 opportunities. Does anyone have a better understanding about the foundations of this report please? I's like to amend it so that it delivers an accurate picture of the sales opportunities in the database?
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:54 AM

Answers

• Read another post in a blog and discovered that the Sales Pipeline report is working from Workflow records for the Opportunity entity. No wonder the report duplicates information. Yes, you can delete the duplicate Workflow records and yes, this does mean the report will produce the correct results. But it's not a practical thing to do. Easier to write a custom report that does the job properly, working from Opportunity entity records.
    • Marked as answer by KevGen Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:08 PM
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:08 AM