How long does LiveOneCare take to download and install? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently downloading OneCare, but it's already taken 9 hours and it doesn't look like it's done. Is it supposed to take this long to download and install?

Saturday, February 2, 2008 11:41 PM

Answers

• No, OneCare, even on dial-up at typical speeds it should take no more than a few hours to download and install. If you are on a very slow connection, your download may be failing. What is your connection type and what is your connection speed?

-steve

Monday, February 4, 2008 6:31 PM

All replies

• No, OneCare, even on dial-up at typical speeds it should take no more than a few hours to download and install. If you are on a very slow connection, your download may be failing. What is your connection type and what is your connection speed?

-steve

Monday, February 4, 2008 6:31 PM
  • I have a DSL connection which is pretty fast, although I'm not sure exactly how fast, and a fast computer, so I know it's not that. But I gave up after 24 hrs, and stopped the download. In the meantime, I downloaded another security software, so I can be protected; perhaps after the free trial period with that software, I'll attempt Live OneCare again.

Saturday, February 9, 2008 1:25 PM
  • With DSL, the full install should be done in less than 20 minutes or so.

-steve

Monday, February 11, 2008 2:53 AM