Verification RRS feed

• Question

• So earlier this year I took and password my MCTS (70-680).  I am getting ready to go take my MCITP (70-686).

Something I noticed from the first test is I didn't do nearly as good as I felt.

Something I wanted to possibly verify is when the questions are asked are you only supposed to work with what is in the question?  Meaning are you supposed to leave all assumptions you have?

I think that is written correctly, if not I can elaborate a bit.

Thanks

Sean

MCTS: Windows 7
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 8:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I always leave all assumptions at the door. Sometimes the questions are poorly written which can lead to assumptions however I find after completing more than 25 MS professional exams that it is best to work with the material in the question.

Sean Massey | Consultant, iUNITE

Feel free to contact me through My Blog or Twitter.
    Please click the Mark as Answer button if a post solves your problem!

• Marked as answer by Sean Mallonee Friday, December 9, 2011 7:05 PM
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 9:16 PM
  • Do not assume anything.  The questions will provide all the information you need to answer them.  If it's not in the question, it's not relevant to the answer.
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Friday, December 9, 2011 12:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I always leave all assumptions at the door. Sometimes the questions are poorly written which can lead to assumptions however I find after completing more than 25 MS professional exams that it is best to work with the material in the question.

Sean Massey | Consultant, iUNITE

Feel free to contact me through My Blog or Twitter.
    Please click the Mark as Answer button if a post solves your problem!

Thursday, December 8, 2011 9:16 PM
  • Do not assume anything.  The questions will provide all the information you need to answer them.  If it's not in the question, it's not relevant to the answer.
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Friday, December 9, 2011 12:01 AM
  • Alright thanks for the info.  I will keep that in mind when I take my exam this afternoon.

Thanks

Sean

MCTS: Windows 7
    Friday, December 9, 2011 5:17 PM