MS Money Sunset - Portfolio Settings RRS feed

• Question

• In the drop down window for each investment where buys, sells and dividends are entered and show they organize in in ascending order by date. By clicking on the date column header it changes to descending order, (most recent date at the top), for me the most sensible sequence. However that change is only temporary and it reverts back once you close the window.

MY QUESTION: Is there a way of setting the descending date sequence as the default?

• Edited by Riptide99 Saturday, November 9, 2013 12:17 AM
    Saturday, November 9, 2013 12:16 AM

Answers

• I'm not sure what I did but I now have what I want - the most recent date at the top.  
    • Marked as answer by Riptide99 Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:47 PM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:46 PM

All replies

• I don't think there is any such setting.
    Sunday, November 10, 2013 7:34 PM
  • That's too bad. On MSM 2005 once you clicked on the header to change the sequence it stayed that way.
    Sunday, November 10, 2013 10:47 PM
  • I'm not sure what I did but I now have what I want - the most recent date at the top.  
    • Marked as answer by Riptide99 Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:47 PM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:46 PM
  • Did you ever figure out how you got the default to change to most recent on top?  I've been wondering the same thing.  On my old laptop I was able to sort that way even after Sunset and Windows 10, but when I installed MS Sunset on my new laptop, it always goes back to oldest on top, then when you switch the date, it stays on the oldest transaction but is at the bottom. 

Any info would be helpful.  Thanks

Friday, February 23, 2018 7:38 PM
  • Did you ever figure out how you got the default to change to most recent on top?  I've been wondering the same thing.  On my old laptop I was able to sort that way even after Sunset and Windows 10, but when I installed MS Sunset on my new laptop, it always goes back to oldest on top, then when you switch the date, it stays on the oldest transaction but is at the bottom. 

I suspect you are referring to an account register rather than the Portfolio, which the OP was talking about.

For what I think you are asking for, you would choose

View:AllTransactionsCoveringAllDates,SortedByDate(Decreasing)

If you are talking about the Portfolio, click on the word Date.

Friday, February 23, 2018 7:45 PM
  • Wow - That was a long time ago. No I have no idea how or why it started to work. I just kept fiddling with it and suddenly it was okay. I didn't keep a log of my fiddles so can't advise you. I just checked and find the the up/down arrow in the date header works fine. One thing I did was to delete the program and download it again.

That may have been the key. I just just replaced an old laptop a couple of days ago, downloaded sunset and opened my .mny file from my cloud backup and it works just fine.

Good luck TGunn69. That problem was a real pain in the butt while it lasted. 

Friday, February 23, 2018 7:58 PM
  • Cal: The problem was that the date click worked but it would not stay. It kept reverting to the oldest transaction on top. 
    Friday, February 23, 2018 8:04 PM
  • I was referring to the Portfolio but when I click date, it stays on the oldest transaction which moves to the bottom. I was hoping to figure out how to switch it so when you expand a plus sign for a specific fund, it opens with the most recent on the Top and selected (i.e. get the Arrow to default pointing down when you expand).

Maybe I'll have to start entering data via the Account register vs. on the portfolio page.  I just want to see the most recent transactions when I expand, I don't care if its at the top or bottom.

Saturday, February 24, 2018 12:10 AM
  • I was referring to the Portfolio but when I click date, it stays on the oldest transaction which moves to the bottom. I was hoping to figure out how to switch it so when you expand a plus sign for a specific fund, it opens with the most recent on the Top and selected (i.e. get the Arrow to default pointing down when you expand).

Maybe I'll have to start entering data via the Account register vs. on the portfolio page.  I just want to see the most recent transactions when I expand, I don't care if its at the top or bottom.

If I set the transactions of one stock to newest-at top, and scroll up to select the newest, for me it works that same way the next time I expand something.

I never enter transactions on the Portfolio page. If these are real transactions, you might be able to download transactions via PocketSense into Money from your US broker... if that appeals to you at all.

Saturday, February 24, 2018 12:18 AM