none
MS MCITP (and other) certifications RRS feed

• Question

• Currently, I'm going for the 70-680 cert test (and, of course, others). However, it kills me to spend money on books and paying for the cert tests.

I see that on the Technet site is the information for the various test categories that seems to correlate to the Technet document categories. BUT, of course, it's divided into links, rather than one continuous page and/or file.

Does anyone know if pdf's or doc's can be downloaded so that this information can be studied w/o going back-and-forth between web pages?

Also, does anyone know if discounts for the tests are available and, if so, how can they be obtained?

Thank you.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:20 PM

Answers

• I have prepared many exams using the Technet and MSDN sites. Yes, it requires a lot of searching and jumping over several pages, but if you are familiar with most of the exam topics, and only need to look up a few pieces of information, it is certainly doable. I have passed several exams in this way while they were still in their "beta" stage, so there were no preparation materials available yet.

As to discounts for the exams, the offers come and go. A few months ago you could buy exam packs with discounts up to 20% plus a free second shot, but that offer has currently expired. If you are a student or teacher you can take the academic version of the exams, which has a 50% discount. Or if you do a lot of travelling, you could take the exams in a country where they are cheaper.

• Proposed as answer by Rich Prescott Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by RichsDisplayName Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:03 PM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:20 PM

All replies

• I have prepared many exams using the Technet and MSDN sites. Yes, it requires a lot of searching and jumping over several pages, but if you are familiar with most of the exam topics, and only need to look up a few pieces of information, it is certainly doable. I have passed several exams in this way while they were still in their "beta" stage, so there were no preparation materials available yet.

As to discounts for the exams, the offers come and go. A few months ago you could buy exam packs with discounts up to 20% plus a free second shot, but that offer has currently expired. If you are a student or teacher you can take the academic version of the exams, which has a 50% discount. Or if you do a lot of travelling, you could take the exams in a country where they are cheaper.

• Proposed as answer by Rich Prescott Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by RichsDisplayName Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:03 PM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:20 PM
  • Thank you Alberto . . .

I appreciate you taking the time to answer the questions . . . it is helpful.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:03 PM